Valentines day is just around the corner so in the spirit of the holiday and to keep myself busy in an attempt to avoid pity-consuming sickening amounts of chocolate whilst listening to Adele, I have constructed a project.
I present to you….the wearable, totally-bearable, giant-Teddy-bear-comparable homemade gift for your significant other. A decoration-declaration of undying devotion and moderate technical skill. The latest in flashin’ flashion…The Couples Tech-laces
The Couples Tech-laces are two Perlers worn around the neck (via a beaded necklace) that share the unique ability to beat their hidden “hearts” when put together. Each device is constructed from a combination of Perler beads and basic electronic components.
This project takes about a hour to complete and can be done for under 20 dollars (less if you already own some of the materials!). Even if you don’t have a date this Valentines Day, this project is a excellent way to
live vicariously through show your affection for your favorite couple!
All you need to make these.
- Conductive metal (I used metal buttons that I cut up –it needs to be able to be cut by scissors)
- Red LED (I got all my electronic components from the handy Analog Parts kit)
- Popsicle Sticks
- Perler beads and board (if you don’t already own these its cheapest to buy as kit from your nearest craft store/online)
- A clear plastic spoon/fork/knife
- Ironing surface and iron
- Hot Glue
- Needle nose pliers
- Triple A battery pack
- Time between now and Valentines Day
- Excess money not going toward flowers, chocolate or another human being
Check out my full Instructable here!